MEET DAVID HORN - DECATUR CITY COUNCIL
"The foundation has been laid for a great transformation of our city. The time has now arrived for citizens, government, and private industry to complete the process. I am ready to work collaboratively with citizens and organizations to make our city better and improve our well-being." -David Horn
Why am I serving on the Decatur City Council?
I am serving on the city council because I care. I want to see a city that is more livable, vibrant, and healthy. My priorities include overcoming the health and economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, neighborhood revitalization, fostering equitable relationships, environmental sustainability, and growing entrepreneurial opportunities.
What are my qualifications?
It has been my honor and privilege to serve as a member of the Decatur City Council since May 2017. I will always serve as an independent voice and as someone who is evidence-based and data driven.
Decatur City Council (2017 - present)
- Advocate for citizen engagement in decision making
- Proponent of utilizing local labor
- Wants to allow cannabis-related businesses
- Seeks to reduce the number of video gambling establishments
Biology professor at Millikin University (2005 - present)
- Created a research laboratory with a national reputation
- One of the founders of the Institute for Science Entrepreneurship
Macon County Regional Planning Commission (2007-2013)
Macon County Conservation District Board of Trustees (2009-2014)